Once you’ve taken your bike ride, please come back and fill in our 10 minute survey, and you’ll receive a Komoot App Token worth £8.99!
The Living Coast is a UNESCO World Biosphere that encompasses the chalk block of the South Downs, stretching from the River Adur in the west to the River Ouse in the East, and with the city of Brighton & Hove at its heart. It’s a place where people and nature come together in a world class environment of Downs, Towns and Coast. Its mission is to connect people and nature to inspire a positive future, today. You can explore much of The Living Coast by bike.
There’s a Living Coast cycle route for you…
To help you make a start we’ve created a series of bike rides. The rides are graded green – easy, blue – medium and red – hard on the map below. No matter your ability you can get on your bike and immerse yourself in the rich landscape, wildlife, culture and heritage of The Living Coast.
You can cycle most of the routes throughout the year, and we’ve highlighted if this is not the case. Each ride starts and ends at a railway station and includes:
- A GPS route map
- Suggestions on linking rides together
- A description of some of the Living Coast features you’ll encounter on your ride
- A list of places to stop for refreshments
- Links to bike shops, guiding services and hire facilities in the region.
Downloading GPS route maps
You can download our GPS route maps to your phone using the free Komoot app.
– Click on the routes on the map below for more information about the rides –
Explore the Routes…